So, here it is, the Netgear Nighthawk R6700 AC1750 router. The latest Nighthawk router to be released by Netgear. The Nighthawk range is the “cream of the crop” of routers that Netgear has in its compound. Netgear have promised that the R6700 is geared specifically at online gamers and HD streamers who want reliable connectivity without buffer or lag – yet at a competitive price.
Some of the features included are Beamforming (for better range and coverage), Advanced QoS (for traffic prioritization) and a dual core processor to ensure that there is plenty of grunt to run everything.
Netgear Nighthawk R6700 AC1750 Features
Ok, so here’s a list of the features that you need to know about…
6 Features of the Netgear Nighthawk R6700
Gigabit Speeds – Lag Free Gaming
Whether you are using Wi-Fi or Ethernet cabling, the Nighthawk R6700 caters for Gigabit speeds. Using Dual Band wireless with both Wireless AC & N, a total of 1.75Gbps theoretical speeds are possible (1.3Gbps 5GHz / 450Mbps 2.4GHz). With these kinds of speeds, you can be sure that your router will not be the bottleneck when you are playing your favorite games online.
There are also four Gigabit wired LAN Ethernet ports for you to plug in a computer, console or Smart TV. There is also a Gigabit WAN port to connect to your ISP/modem.
The R6700 also comes with a 1GHz dual core processor to ensure that your data streams are routed hassle-free without any worries about a lack of hardware performance.
Superior Wi-Fi Coverage
The Nighthawk R6700 is one of the “Ultimate Range” within Netgear’s suite of routers. Designed to cover all areas within a large home.
Three external antennas ship with the R6700, all of them detachable and can be manually adjusted to suit the requirements of your home.
Solid Reliability – At All Times
Netgear have given us some features that will help maintain good solid reliability.
– Simultaneous Dual Band is available. Make sure you try to add your wireless devices to the 5GHz band (Wireless AC if you can!). The 5GHz band is much larger than the 2.4GHz band (which has become congested and is more prone to interference from household appliances). Both bands can be used at the same time.
– Advanced QoS (Quality of Service – upstream and downstream) analyzes the network traffic and prioritizes based on your needs to make sure your sensitive and critical data is not compromised by any potential bandwidth hoggers.
– Beamforming+ is another piece of technology that helps you roam further away from the router without dropping out or losing connection speeds. By cleverly detecting where your wireless clients are physically located, the R6700 can aim wireless beamwidth in the direction of the clients as and when they need it, rather than beaming out Wi-Fi in all directions at all times. This massively helps increase the coverage area as well as strengthen reliability at greater distances.
– Airtime Fairness helps to prevent your entire network slowing down when older legacy wireless devices connect to the network.
Keep your Wi-Fi network secure by using WPA2 encryption to help keep out any unwanted intruders. There is also Guest Network access available for visitors, should you want to allow them to have Internet access but have your personal network and data completely protected.
The Nighthawk R6700 also supports remote VPN access, so you can access your home network from anywhere in the world safely and securely.
If you want the kids to go to bed without sitting on the Internet all night, use the Parental Control feature to determine what sites, if any, can be accessed – and when.
Sharing Is Better!
The Nighthawk R6700 is designed to allow easy sharing access should it be required. There is a USB 3.0 port, useful for plugging in a USB drive with all your media. Grab or stream your media from the R6700 to wherever you are in the home.
The R6700 also supports DLNA, so your DLNA compatible TV’s and game consoles can hook in and play your attached media.
The ReadySHARE suite of software is available as well
– USB/Printer Access: Using Wi-Fi, access your USB drive or USB printer
– Vault: Backup your PC to a locally connected USB drive.
The R6700 also supports Time Machine and iTunes, so you can back up your Mac and play music from an attached drive – pretty cool!
So Easy To Use
The Netgear Nighthawk R6700 is a cinch to setup and use. With the Netgear Genie app, you can monitor and control the R6700 from a tablet, smartphone or PC – ideal for making changes or for monitoring your network status.
There is also a Wi-Fi button to manually enable or disable wireless and a WPS button to easily pair new Wi-Fi clients to your network without having to log into your router each time.
Netgear R6700 Technical Specs
- 2.4GHz / 5GHz
- 1x USB 3.0 port
- 4x LAN / 1x WAN (All 1Gbps)
- Advanced QoS
Do you agree/disagree? Why not comment below and let us know what you think…
>>>Back to Home